Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday 14 April 2013

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, Creamy Concealer and Corrector Review


Back in February I decided I wanted tryout a new concealer and having heard some amazing things I headed straight to Bobbi Brown in my local House of Fraser. Whilst browsing at the counter I was approached by the Bobbi Brown make up artist who was lovely. She asked what I was looking for and and when I mentioned concealer she offered to try it out on me, this is one of the main reasons I prefer counters to shopping online. You can be colour matched and try the products before buying, never feel pressurised into purchasing though. 


 She first popped on the corrector which is a pink (or peach depending on skin tone) coloured cream which helps to cancel out dark circles, something I have a huge problem with. The corrector has a lovely creamy consistency and a really good coverage to cancel out the dark circles.  I was a little sceptical to start with that this would work but it has an amazing effect at covering dark circles.

The next item applied was the creamy concealer. This item is skin toned so covers the pink of the corrector. I apply this all around my eye and down towards my nose and it does cover a multitude of sins. I have quite large pores around my cheeks and nose and this concealer covers them so nicely. I picked up the kit which comes with a translucent powder which helps to set the concealer in place and stops it from budging all day, I tend to apply this after foundation along with my normal powder. 
  
Next up I asked to try a foundation, I'm on a huge quest to find the perfect foundation unfortunately I'm not too sure if this is it. The foundation stick is a solid foundation that has a build-able coverage and is relatively creamy. It's perfect for popping into your handbag for touch ups on the go. The downside for me is that I find it makes dry patches more noticeable so your skin does need to be well moisturised and I also find it can be hard to blend. Although once on it does last all day. 
 
You can see from the swatches above the different products. I find that my face is naturally darker than the rest of me which I'm told is not unusual. Overall I'm relatively impressed with all the products. I would definitely repurchase the concealer and corrector but I'm still undecided about the foundation stick. You can pick up these products from the Bobbi Brown website or at a Bobbi Brown counter. 

Corrector £18, Creamy Conceler kit £24 and Foundation Stick £28. 

Have you tried out these products? What do you think? Leave a comment below, or tweet me @azariamurray. 

A xxx 

 



 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Azaria, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete